WELCOME TO DESTINATION LAHAUL & SPITI


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Himachal Pradesh » Keylong
April 22nd 2009
Published: April 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Gondla FortGondla FortGondla Fort

Chandra Valley ( Lahaul )
Dear Travellers,
There are very few who know about this land of Gods. The largest district with the least population in Himachal Pradesh is Lahaul & Spiti. From Tourism point of view I would like to draw your kind attention towards this part of the world. As soon as you cross the Rohtang pass from Manali section you will find the difference in the landscapes, climate, purity, spiritual bliss and pure nature. What else to expect? The culture and tradition of this land is completely different from what you have seen so far. Within this small community there are five major dialects which are totally different from the rest. Tinan Valley, Ghar Valley, Pattan Valley , Mayyar Valley and Todh Valley have their own dialects. The cultivation of green peas as a cash crop in the valley is like a booster for their economic. Seed potatoes, hops and other vegetables are also grown in large number. Medicinal plants are also found in plenty.
Almost seventy percent of the community are basically the followers of Buddhism and the rest they follow Hinduism. There are monasteries like Tabo which dates back to 1000 years old. Others on the list are Kee. Dhankhar, Kardang, Shashur, Tayul, Othang, Gurugantaal, Gemur & Yardong etc. Buddhism is more preserved in Spiti valley than in Lahaul. But, with the visits of Rinpoches in the recent years has been benificial to the community.
Trilokinath And Udhaipur are very important religious places in the district. Beside most of the locals pay equal respects to their deities. The Shashan village houses Gepang Raja and the Tangjar is prominent in ghar valley.
Lahaul & Spiti is a base for numerous trekkers who wanders to Zansker, Tsomoriri, Pangi, Dharamsala, Kullu valley, Manali etc. One can enjoy winter sports in Lahaul valley. One of the best Snow powders in the world is available in Lahaul valley....Kardang slopes.
The travellers from different countries come to this place to explore and unwind their mind. The nature bestowed this place with lots of beautiful spots....solace in solitude.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb