dali lama...


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Himachal Pradesh » Dharamsala
May 8th 2008
Published: December 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

a few words on seeing the dali lama speak yesterday...
walking into a sea of monks...bald heads and round bodies decorated in maroon and yellow robes.
hands in prayer position,
bowing heads,
voices expressing mantras,
and delicately moving mala beads.
all attention forward focusing on the sacred words of the dali lama with all do highest respect.
a small figure that barely fits over the podium captures the mind, body, and soul of hundreds.
energy more powerful than words, for his presence is enough.
persistently reminding us all to purify the subtle mind, to reach dharma- complete freedom from suffering, and to motivate within to be a positive service to all beings.
the mind has no beginning...no end...
we are all naturally pure...
these words resonate within me as i apply them to the reality that i am observing form the outside.
an individual and an entire culture so violently repressed but still holding onto these peaceful values.
i watch this man speak of purity and peace and promote and live by them both, regardless of the circumstances...ideals will always be ideals.
understanding him as the higher individual.
all ego aside...
all connections within...
and as he continues to speak of purification, he draws attention to the cleansing of the physical being, to speech, and to the mind.
these three elements inseparable...together as one.
not only talk, for it is obviously clear that he practices what he preaches.
and as i sit cross legged on the cement floor for hours, i detach myself from my body and dive deeply into my mind and soul.
amazed with the energy that radiates from one single individual.
reminded of the big picture once again and truly understanding peace and purity for all!

what an amazing experience to see this man live and in person right here in his homeland! we are now off to explore and experience more travels tomorrow. me and my growing amoeba inside my belly will soon be roaming freely in gangotri...frolicking in the mountains. until next time! more pics too...

love and blessings to all

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0683s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb