Let’s Explore the nature with Beautiful hill station of Himachal - The Dalhousie.


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Himachal Pradesh » Dalhousie
February 1st 2016
Published: February 4th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Dalhousieis a small and beautiful town, with a sense of enchantment. This hill station spreads over levels of hills at the western side of the Dhauladhar range, east of the Ravi River. The picturesque town is covered with the colonial-era buildings, stalls and hotels. The pine-covered hills around it are intersected with roads and treks, which are ideal for short walks.



Dalhousie is a gateway to the Chamba Valley, this british era town was established in 1858 by the British governor-general Lord Dalhousie. Covering an area of 16 sq.-km and surrounded by dense vegetation, Dalhausie has beautiful architecture and panoramic views of town and the snow capped views of the mountainous.



Main tourist attraction ---------------------



Subhash Baoli : Located at Hilltop it creates stunning view of the snowcapped mountains, 1.5-km away from the G.P.O. Square, the spring of Subhash Baoli is also situated at the same place.



Kalatope : It is situated at the hieght of 2450 m. And 5 Km from Dalhousie, Kalatope is a pleasant place, with a panoramic view, enchanting palace, and a forest rest house. Kalatope is situated 11-km away from G.P.O. Square at an height of 8,200-ft. Moving along the forest road through upper Nakorota hills, you can reache Lakkarmandi. The home of dhogri people, Lakkarmandi is nestled between 8,500 feet high Dayan Kund peak on its right and Kalatope on the left. The little Kalatope Sanctuary has a variety of wildlife such as ibex, deer, bears and leopards.



Dainkund : It is situated at the height of 2700m. and 10 km from the town. It is a tall peak outside town having a bird's-eye view of the hills, valleys and the river Beas, Ravi and the Chenab flowing through the way down to the plains.



Bara Pathar: At the thick forest it is the small temple of Bhulwani Mata, in the village on the way to Kalatope. A fair is celebrated in Jul. It is 4 km away from the town.



Khajjiar (1951m) : at the height of 1900m. Just 27-km from the beautiful little plain of Khajjiar is one of the favourite locations for visitors. It has a lake set in the middle, complete with a floating bland. A little temple of Khajjinag belonging to the 12th century and a golf course complete this journey.The dense deodar forest, it has a lake as it's centre with a floating island, a forest rest house, a little temple with a golden spire and a golf course. Accommodation is available at the tourist Hotel and the PWD Rest House.



How to Reach



Air: The nearest airport is at Gaggal (Kangra), 140-km from Dalhousie.



Rail: The nearest railway station is Pathankot, which is well connected to Amritsar, Jammu, Delhi and Jalandhar.



Road: Journey from Pathankot to Chamba and Dalhausie is by road. Punjab and Himachal Roadways run services, as do private operators.



Where to Stay

Being one of the most famous hill stations of Himachal, Dalhousie is well accessible with excellent accommodation facilities. You can get the options to stay from luxury and five star hotels to small budget hotels and tourist lodges, which offer accommodation at resonable rates.



Climate

Dalhousie is located at the hieght of 2300m. sea level. The maximum temperature of Dalhousie ranges from 30’C and O*C.





If you find this blog helpful and inspiring then please leave your footprints here by commenting and for more details and tour booking please visit the link Dalhousie tour package .


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb