Ahmadabad and Champaner


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Gujarat » Ahmedabad
January 16th 2013
Published: January 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Rangoli DesignRangoli DesignRangoli Design

Later we found out the magic of stone designing later when we look photo. We found that each window divided to 15 columns and one design is unique. We cant find the same design for the rest of 160 windows.
Me and my friend went to Ahmadabad especially to see the ‘fabric city of India’. Later we found that there is much more to see. But because of the time we choose only Ahmadabad city and Pavgadh. (The place which Champaner monuments situated)

We had long journey of four and half hour from the capital of Gujarat. Champaner is an ancient fort located at the foothills of Pavagadh. The town derives its name from the Champa tree or from Champaraj founder of the town, a contemporary of King Vanraj Chavda of Anhilwada.

When we reach there we realize the culture of Gujarath people. Mostof the people are really nice and they never try to cheat on us for the price (except hostel but we managed to bargain)

Jami Masjid is one of the finest examples of Sultanate architecture of Gujarat. It is an imposing structure on a high plinth with two tall minarets of 30 meter height, 172 pillars and seven mihrabs. The central dome, the placement of balconies and carved entrance gates with fine stone jalis and rich decoration make the visit a delightful aesthetic experience.

Overall it was a wonderful experience for us in those
World heritage site World heritage site World heritage site

Champaner monuments... each bricks situated one by one and it does not fit with ant kind of cement or concrete. Each bricks fix by itself.
two days.

I am not so much interested to say something about Ahmadabad because it has all the same habits of all other Indian cities. Monuments inside the city are really marvellous by its history. The main problem we suffered was to find an accommodation in a budget price. Most of them are saying ‘’full full’’ when they saw us. May be they are really strict about the accommodation procedures, or maybe they are really traditional in mind. I think the second chance is fits most. The colour of city and markets are really interesting by the colourful products.

Overall, according to the places we visited and days we spent, Gujarat is far better than some of the other states in India even they have metropolitan cities.

How to reach Champaner
Air: nearest airport is Vadodara (46 km)
Rail: Champaner Road is a railway station on Vadodara-Godhara railway line
Road: Vadodara (46 km), Ahmedabad (159 km)
Local transport: Non-Metered Autorickshaws and Jeeps (but it was fare price)

Accommodation: Local guest houses and local Dharamshalas
Food: Local eating joints and food stalls.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

one of the main Masjidone of the main Masjid
one of the main Masjid

in this area we feel like its hampi for mosques. . . .
the market the market
the market

we cannot avoid the visual of spices here in the streets...


Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb