Five Best Goa Beaches Where You Can Cavort To Your Heart’s Content


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa
June 20th 2014
Published: June 20th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Goa, the pearl of India, is blessed with an abundance of beaches along its coastline and one vies with the other for your attention. From the quietly serene to the rambunctious, you have everything strung out from the North to the South.

Heavenly Goa is a paradise of beaches strung out from the North to the South beckoning you to enjoy the lush bounties of Nature. Move along the coast from the North to the South. From the North to the South you have Querim followed by Arambol, Mandrem, Morjim, Vagator, Anjuna and Baga. Then there is the inimitable Calangute with the equally impressive Candolim, Dona Paula and Bogmala Beach in the Center. Then further down you have the lovely Colva, Benaulim and Cavelossim beaches. The South boasts of Agonda, Palolem, Talpona, Galgibaga and Polem beaches. Which would you select for your holiday destination? Undoubtedly the first thought is to make a beeline for the most visited and highly popular beaches if celebration of life is what you want. Then there are the more secluded beaches if you want peace and tranquility. However, you must visit at least the top five beaches. Here they are, not necessarily in the order of importance.

Mandrem


• Location: North
• Type: Mandrem is an ocean of tranquility where you can relax and lose yourself to the sound of surf breaking gently on the shores as palm fronds wave lazily in the breeze and the Sun bathes you in a mellow glow. Your soul becomes one with Nature.
• Additional Attractions: Along with Morjin and Ashwem, Mandrem is where you can find holistic health centers to get back into shape.


Agonda


• Location: This is another jewel of the Northern coast, peaceful and scenic in its loveliness.
• Features: Quiet and secluded as well as scenic.
• Attractions: You can choose a secluded place to marvel at the scenery or go surfing. You have the best of both worlds: action and quiet.


Baga and Calangute


• Location: North
• Type: Baga is action, parties, nightlife, food and a veritable celebration of life. Crowded most of the time, Baga is where you wallow in a sea of humanity, pulsating and bubbling with life. Go wind surfing, diving or sailing and there is never a dull moment in this lushly luxurious beach. Right next to it is Calangute offering exactly the same type of fun and enjoyment. There is a lot happening at Baga and Calangute, day and night.


Colva


• Location: Colva is in the South and the culture as well as scenery comes as a refreshing change with its stretches of white sand.
• Features: Colva is one of the most popular and highly visited beaches where you will find plenty of water sports and night life to keep you occupied.


Agonda and Palolem


• Location: Another jewel of the South coast, Agonda is quiet and a perfect place to recharge your batteries.
• Features: Enjoy the cuisine of South Goa, spend the night on the beach in a hut and stroll or swim in the blue waters of this lovely resort. From here it is a short drive to Palolem, another oasis of serenity filled with palm trees, sand that caresses you and breeze that lulls you under the azure blue skies. Walk a little distance and you enter a different world of bars and nightlife.


For the most varied experience, start at the North, stay at Arambol, Vagator and Anjuna or Baga in the North. Then move to the centrally located Bogmalo, Dona Paula, Cavelossim or Colva and then sample the delights of the South at Agonda and Palolem.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb