Go go Goa !


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa
December 18th 2015
Published: January 16th 2018
Edit Blog Post

You know where to go when you want to hit the beaches in India - Goa !! Though the coastline extends from Gujarat in the west to West Bengal / Mizoram in the east covering the whole of southern India, Goa still remains everyone's favourite . I think it is because of its lively, colourful and vibrant culture. Goa was/is also highly influenced by Portuguese culture mainly because it was their colony. The Portuguese influence can be seen in the architecture styles of churches , buildings and houses.

Everything is easy going in Goa. There are two - wheeler motorcycles ( without gear) available for rent for a very reasonable price. Just hire a bike and let yourself get lost in Goa !

Well, Goa has to be experienced than read about. There is North Goa and South Goa . We drove to Panaji (capital of Goa) from Bengaluru and checked into a hotel in Dona Paula. We planned to drive down to the beaches in the morning and be back to the hotel by evening. Out of the many many beaches in Goa, we visited Palolam beach, Agonda beach and Colva beach in South Goa and in the
North, we visited Candolim , Calangute, Baga, Anjuna and Morjim beaches. The beaches in South Goa are relatively less crowded than the ones in North Goa.

Goa also has hundreds of pubs. One can go pub-hopping !

Goa brightens up during Christmas. Its so colurful everywhere. With the churches all lit up and decorated and the markets bustling with tourists and the locals makes this place very lively.

During our stay in Goa, apart form the beaches, we also visited Basilica of Bom Jesus.

I know we'll keep going back to Goa once in a while. So, that's it for now!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement




















17th January 2018

Goa
Looks very tranquil. Also the beaches look clean which is definitely a plus for me..
18th January 2018

Yes, the beaches are clean and you could spend all day there.
17th January 2018

Nice
Nice ambience

Tot: 0.231s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 85; dbt: 0.0776s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb