Midway Vacation


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Varca
January 18th 2011
Published: January 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We are now half way done with our year-long journey so we arranged (courtesy of Beth’s parents) to spend a week at a five star resort on a beach in Goa. Goa is a region on the west coast of India renowned for its beaches and resorts. We stayed in southern Goa in a town called Varca at a resort called Club Mahindra. There are 205 guest rooms on 14 acres with two pools, three bars, three restaurants and one huge expanse of sandy beach.

The vibe of the region is closer to the Caribbean than to India. I am sure part of the reason is that Goa was a Portuguese colony and so has a significant Catholic influence. We spent our days just reading, swimming or taking short trips on the local bus into neighboring towns. We spent our evenings over nice dinners of fresh sea food with fruity rum drinks in hand. The purpose was to relax and recuperate from intense traveling and we certainly did that all week long.

Up Next: Egypt



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Fruity Rum DrinksFruity Rum Drinks
Fruity Rum Drinks

Complete with paper umbrellas.
Sailboat HomeSailboat Home
Sailboat Home

Picture taken in Mobor, Goa.


18th January 2011

Relaxation
You both deserved a lazy, relaxing beach vacation away from the hustle & bustle of rough traveling. I'm sure you thoroughly enjoyed it!! By the way, GREAT sunset!!
18th January 2011

Sounds and looks fabulous! Well deserved:) All our love, Jenn and Paul

Tot: 0.24s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0983s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb