Goa: Part 3


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Vagator
September 29th 2013
Published: September 24th 2014
Edit Blog Post

So.... we've finally got round to booking our train ticket to Kerala! Or more specifically Cochin/Kochi.... so yes we leave on Thursday evening at 11pm and get into Kochi at around 3pm on Friday afternoon. Looking forward to experiencing an Indian train journey, although we've somewhat spoilt ourselves by deciding to go for a 2 tier AC carriage which should be bearable hopefully! Anyway we've stayed in 2 hostels since my last post, but owned by the same guy - one with a prison theme in Anjuna and one with a jungle theme in Vagator (quite literally) with all sorts of bugs and amphibians crawling all over..!! And that is the place we're at now. We've been exploring the coast - Arambol, Baga, Anjuna and Vagator on a scooter that the prison hostel rented out to us which has been very fun, and I enjoy taking it out to different places with Mj clinging on behind!! We've also met a few more British backpackers which have been fun to hang out with, and have done some more haggling in the markets for nice loose clothing. Spent a few days enjoying the beaches and little cafes, but we're planning to visit Old Goa tomorrow to find out about the area's history and then we plan to go inland and visit the Dadhasgar waterfalls and inner towns and villages on Tuesday/Wednesday before getting our train from Margaot station on Thursday...!! That's all for now!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb