''that'll learn you''


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Vagator
November 20th 2009
Published: November 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

okay, well hello and sorry for the delay in blogging, but ive been busy...beaching and sunning myself at all hours of the day. well...where to begin? if you've read laura's blog then im sure you'll be filled in on more details that i'd too lazy to explain. but in short...goa was amazing, and i am returning one day with whoever will accmpany me. in palolem we stayed in a little guest house with two friends, one austrailian and one israeli. the room was painted pink and i finally got the wash all the sand out of my hair (only for it to put back there at a later date...)

we stayed in palolem for 5 nights, some days it was beautifully sunny but some were rainier than manchester, but we were lucky because a cyclone just missed us. i lived off tuna and peanuts for a couple of days in an attempt to save money, then gave in to the most delicious prawn curry...YUM, then the next night a pumpkin and tofu curry which was one of the best meals ive had.

our guest house was next to a bar called Cuba where we could smoke sheesha pipes and play cards until our hearts content, there were also some bars on the beach where we got to see manchester united lose to chelsea and then watch the fans either get hideously drunk due to happiness or depression. i saw the most beautiful bit of fabric ive seen EVER, but it was 3000rp, which isnt that much if you know that 80rps is a pound, but im a poor traveler.

met some cool people from summerset, who we went swimming with at 5 in the morning in the sea, a first for me. after palolem, we got many local buses to Vagator which is a little village by the sea, vented a moped and off we go. only planned on staying for 2 nights but ended up staying 6. met some really interesting people from california, holland, sweden, russia and many more. we became reegulars at ''chill out'' bar by the beach and this is where we celebrated laura's 19! it was another mans birthday that night so we had joint celebrations with fireworks and sadly...tequilla. then the rain came and i danced in it to ''never gonna dance again'' whilst being spun round by a drunken american. a crazy man called ''eric the errible'' who takes too much ketemine and is 50 odd, occassionally ruined the nights events by arriving with his staff to club someone with it. he often wore a cycling vest, with a cape and a wooly hat...he was quite a character.

now we have left the sea..sadly. i spend many nights down there just looking at the stars and paddling (although there were about 100 steep steps down to the beach which were hard to navigate when dark and after a glass of wine..) and now we are far inland in the crazy town of bhopal. no tourists here so we get stared at a lot.

bye for now, lots of love

xxxxxxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



20th November 2009

oh dear oh dear!!
Great blog, sounds like you are having a great time, I will say nohting about the booze etc! Pics are great. I won't show Tabby and Ross or they will be jealous! Love you loads - great to see a pic of YOU Mum XXXX

Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb