Night 20 & Day 21& 22 - Heartfelt move to Goa....and the marathon sleep


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Panaji
August 10th 2014
Published: August 10th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Day 21 & 22 - Heartfelt move to Goa....marathon sleep!
Today Kyla, Jude and I shopped all day, finding, or not finding in my case, all the last minute bits and pieces
It was a difficult night. The first to leave the rooftop, firework party was Patrick. Patrick was eccentric at times, but special to all. He drove you mad, but then you loved him for it. A hard act to follow.
Lucy, Rebecca, Laura, Zoe, Hannah and Rachel left shortly after.
Jude, Kyla, Tom and Ankur and I had a tough night after that. We have become so incredibly close over the time together. Tom was leaving first, at 3am. He had made the choice of not going to bed. Jude and I stayed up and had a few drinks, but we also had to leave early, at 6.30, so decided not to stay up until he actually left. At about 1.30, we decided that the sensible thing would be to leave, and go to bed.
Oh my, it was so difficult! We managed, it was heart wrenching, but we did it. We hugged and kissed, then hugged some more. Then off we went bed.
I got showered, we got ready for bed. We both looked at each other's tearstained faces, and agreed..... We would never be in this position again; what is the point of sleeping through it when we could continue to share our time! That time will be lost forever, and never be given back! We both went straight back to the roof garden to hang the night out!
At 3am, it was time to see Tom off: it was so emotional. There were tears all round! Then it was to bed for the rest of us. Jude and I being the next out of our little group to leave at 6.30am. That sleep felt more like a short power nap, than a sleep!
We did wake up in time; although in a state like two rag dolls! I was so pleased to see Ankur and Kyla made it to see us off.
We did make a funny mistake...... We got off the plane in Mumbai! Waited for our bags, but obviously, they were still on the plane, as we should have been! The staff collected us and took us back... Ha ha. I think it was because we slept from getting on, then woke up as people were getting off; we just followed. Still half asleep!
The new hotel in Goa looks nice so far, bit we now need to rest.....and we did .....


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0583s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb