Christmas with the cows and cougars


Advertisement
Asia » India » Goa » Palolem
December 25th 2008
Published: January 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The beaches of Goa was just what we needed for our Indian Christmas, yes this blog entry is a bit post-Christmas so we won’t go on about Christmas too much. During the 9 hour train journey from Mumbai to Goa the scenery slowly changed to palm trees, rice paddies and luscious tropical greenery of Goa. There are so many beaches to see in Goa we couldn’t possibly see them all in this, our one m... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

aruvedic massagearuvedic massage
aruvedic massage

they were everywhere
Cows having a rest in the shadeCows having a rest in the shade
Cows having a rest in the shade

they have a hard life!



16th January 2009

its a shame on us all
hey guys, was interested in your article, as my parents are both from goa, and i have recently finished travelling around the world. It brought a smile to my face to hear about th eIndian men. They are pervs, and when my partner and Iwent ther, we also had the same experience (even though i am a part local). As for talking with other travellers, i am very surprised. Travelling is suppossed to be about seeing new things, experiencing new things and meeting new....people! If there are people that are looking down at others, or not willing to engage in conversation about travel stories and the like, it is a real shame. Part of our adventure was meeting new people, and we have made several new friends on the way. I Hope that some others read this, and agree with me, that this attitude is just soo wrong, and that you miss out on loads of information about places. sometimes, its just nice to talk to someone who speaks your own language!!! Have a good timeguys,and don't come back to England too soon!!! Its FREEZING HERE!!!!
17th January 2009

grumpy guts travellers
just wait until we cross paths on the road - no more grumpy unfriendly travellers. okay so it may be a few months but drinks are on us.
17th January 2009

Loved your blog on Palolem. Have decided we got 2 go back there. Just wanted to know the name of the place where u stayed and how far it was from the beach. lol
17th January 2009

nuddie guy
i was in goa 2 years ago I cant believe that guy is still knocking around in his flap. for gods sake put some dame pants on. each to their own etc but why does he always have to do his stomach turning yoga routine each day where there seems to be the biggest crowd gathered or outside the most packed restaraunt? theres lots of quiet places to go where no one is around to have to see it. i hate him.
8th February 2009

Yay, friendly travellers!
Good to see there are friendly travellers out there. It just annoyed us so much we had to put it in the blog! We'll look forward to meeting up with you (Liz and Adrian and Sophie and Dale) if we can...hopefully we will be in the same place at the same time! Happy travels xx
8th February 2009

Re: Nuddie guy
hahahaha, we never saw him doing yoga on the beach...good job by the sounds of it - that loincloth wouldn't hide anything when doing yoga stretches!
28th March 2015

About goan and rest part of india
Dear Neil, I agree with many things you mentioned in your blog. But let me tell you one thing is that am a goan n lived here for 29years been around I agree rates are high people cheat but if you find the true story you catch a real goan and he won't cheat you. It's the rest part of Indians who are here to do business and they put up their high rates n cheating is done by them. A goan as far as I feel n experienced will not to a foreigner at least. And secondly about the pervs it's surely the tourist which travel to Goa from rest part of India. We goans are so used to see foreigners here that it's become a part of our own. But it's d rest part of Indians rather than Goa that spoils it all. Next time you come you find a local talk to him and see the difference. Thank you, hope u loved Goa trip keep coming back mate.

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 13; qc: 19; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb