Time to Goa


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Baga
April 30th 2006
Published: May 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Shooters staff partyShooters staff partyShooters staff party

The night started off with a civilised meal and a drink or three
Our last few days in Goa were spent packing. We had the bar to pack away for another season. It’s amazing how much junk you accumulate over 6 months, a roaring bonfire put that in order, only problem was the leaping flames managed to shrivel a section of the mango tree, luckily the fruits weren’t damaged and the landlady got a good crop this year.

We also had the apartment to pack away, everything back in to the suitcases and boxes for another 5 months. We also have 2 bikes and the car to put into storage so as you can imagine it’s a busy time for us and at the end of it all we are totally knackered. Then there was the accountant to sort out, taxes to pay and we also had to find time to have a staff party (or two) and say goodbye to all our friends in Goa.

The staff parties were good, a meal at Brittos, then a bit of a pub crawl and a few games of pool at the Lucky Star shack. The lads really enjoyed themselves and kept us up ‘til 3.30am. They were really happy when we gave them
Shooters staff partyShooters staff partyShooters staff party

"I love you mate"...Raj has a few too many vodka's and gets all loved up with Ali.
their final salary plus bonus - the last two nights takings from Shooters went straight to them!!!
We had another night out on our last night in Goa, we all went down to the NEW Eden Bar for a few drinks and to meet up with some of our customers and friends and by this time the lads were getting really sad that we were leaving them the following day so they decided that they would come to the airport to see us off!!

It was hot and humid on the last morning and we still had boxes and mattresses and suitcases to put into storage, the lads did most of the heavy work - they won’t let Barry lift anything now, since he got to 40 they insist he isn’t capable and call him “the old man”!!! Anyway the goodbyes at the airport were sad and I swear Raj had tears in his eyes, they keep texting us in Bombay to say how bored they are and how they are missing us, it’s like having 3 kids!!!!

Flight up to Bombay with Spicejet was good but after collecting our bags and making our way to the arrivals
The lizard wants to say goodbyeThe lizard wants to say goodbyeThe lizard wants to say goodbye

We almost packed this little fella away with the rest of the apartment
area the car from the hotel wasn’t there to pick us up. Within ten mins it was all sorted and we were off through the streets of Bombay towards the Lotus Suites where we planned to chill, sleep, order room service and watch TV, unfortunately when we arrived they couldn’t find our reservation. We sat for a while in the lobby listening to piped music (the Eastenders theme tune of all things!!!) while they sorted things out, luckily we have the laptop so we retrieved the e-mail confirmation and were given our room which was lovely. At 11 o’clock the following day we were just about to get showered and dressed ready to check out and sit in the Hotel bar for 6 hrs before going to the airport, when the phone rang and reception informed us that we could keep the room on for an extra 2 hrs at no cost. Needless to say we ordered more room service!!! Just sitting around now killing time before we head off to catch the flight to Hong Kong.
We’ll update you (or bore you) with our next instalment as soon as we can.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Staff nite out 2Staff nite out 2
Staff nite out 2

Big cheesy smiles for a final photo before we leave for HK
Unusually quiet Baga beachUnusually quiet Baga beach
Unusually quiet Baga beach

The last charter flight leaves the beach almost deserted


2nd May 2006

Bon Voyage!
Boring? NOT!!! We need stuff from the colonies to keep up our resolve for the coming summer. We will have one this year.Why? because there is a '6' in the year, (Trust me!) Enjoy HK and come back safe and tanned on both sides! by the way, Enid and I are the proud parents of twins ( the Blackbird has laid two eggs! Could be more!!! TTFN John

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.028s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb