we love ozzy?


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Anjuna Beach
February 3rd 2008
Published: February 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

I taught my last class and it was so sad to leave CMC. The PT department held a farewell party for me which was so sweet. i got there and the tables were all pushed to the sides and they made me sit in front. they had food and tea and gave me a small gold heart pendant and a CMC hospital mug. they made a speech thanking me and then made me say a few things which was a bit difficult since i was trying not to cry. I then had to teach another class! it was really great and i was so sad to go. i wanted to hug every one, but pretty much there you get a goodbye handshake.

that night, my friends and i went out for a leaving dinner...i was leaving as well as 2 other med students. 18 of us went to the darling residency for a rooftop dinner. it was a lot of fun and because i am trying to use up a credit on my credit card-put the whole thing on my card and took the cash--it was just under 60 dollars for the whole thing!! for 18 people including apps, entrees and desserts!! it helps that there is no alcohol but still that is insane! that night i learned how to put on a sari. it was hilarious! that is hard work!! i have really funny pictures as well as an instructional video that we made which hopefully i will share one of these days. i got a roommate for my last night which kinda stunk for her since i was up for awhile packing. oh well!

the next morning i got up to have a final breakfast with some friends. 3 of us then left to go to bangalore which is where all the call centers are. we arrived in about 4 hours by train (it was such a pleasant train ride) but then had a bit of diffuculty finding a place to stay.when we finally got settled after a few hours, it was time to explore-and by explore-i mean shop! we went around all the markety indian areas which was fun. we were super excited about being in a city where we could actually go out and get a drink. we didnt make it out until 10:30 and the bars close at 11:30! oops! lonely planet had said that but i had chosen not to believe them. we ended up in a bar where me and my friend jaki were the only girls!! Janan had to protect us, ha! it was so funny...lots of guys singing the words to the songs that would come on and do their special dance moves. i didnt know most songs, but they did get very excited when ozzy osborne came on. indian men love ozzy, who knew? i tried to video them all singing but it was too dark. i had taken a picture of the bar and one guy told me i wasnt allowed to because the men will get in trouble with their wives. i dont know who he thought i was sharing my pics with!!
we were supposed to have met some other friends who were joining us in bangalore, but they didnt get in until late. we met them for coffee the next day just before i left to go to the airport.

i arrived at the airport way way too early in true kim fashion. my flight was only an hour and they actually served a full lunch! that was crazy! i arrived in goa to realize this is really a different world. it even smelled different. it took bit over an hour to get to my yoga retreat. this place is amazing. i arrived just in time for the welcome talk and dinner. it turns out that the yoga i have been doing is a variation on ashtanga and not true mysore yoga. i know all the series, but technically it is always done in the same order. i am now learning! dinner was awesome--i actually had salad and veggies! the rooms and really nice and i have a roommate from denmark. we have mosquito lets over our beds that look like princess canopies! there are 22 people here for the course and i think it will be great! i am thinking it is time to shower and sit by the pool.

i have lots of good pictures but they dont want us uploading on these computers so if i get elsewhere i will share. otherwise too bad. ok time to get away from the computer and breathe...

Advertisement



3rd February 2008

go giants
mommy, im ready for my first super bowl and want your giants to win mommy even though tom brady is so much hotter then eli manning seriously mommy you have to agree with that.. both of them don't compare to daddy though ;-) daddy wants to know if his dance moves are as good as those indian men? ozzy is alright but i'm a huge twisted sister fan and a snuggle slut fan of course... now that daddy is a daddy he said that naked drumming might have to be reconsidered and that he might have to be the g-string drummer?? i have been drinking to much JD and have no idea of what i'm talking about except that you shouldn't be sad that your leaving you should be happy that you got to be there.... love you mucho chica mamma ramma..... see you in my dreams.... baby baby
3rd February 2008

yay yoga!
in honor of you and all your yoga, i'm going to do yoga for the next 14 days in a row :) love you! miss you! eating mac and cheese for you all day today!
4th February 2008

i dedicate the win to kim
hey sweet cheeks its your boyfriend eli manning here just wanted to tell you that i couldn't have won the super bowl without you baby... tony romo has jessica and tom brady has jezzel but i'm the luckiest son of a gun that ever wore a giant uniform cause i have you... when i threw that last touchdown to plexico all i could think about was going to disney world with you by my side and sharing a cheese doodle together.. see you soon i think the media has combined our names in media fashion that they do to ekim or kimli? eli manning #10 ;-]

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0606s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb