That Goa Life


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Anjuna Beach
June 6th 2014
Published: May 11th 2020
Edit Blog Post






"Made it to Goa and was amazing. The night in Mumbai was a horrendous experience. It was extremely difficult for us to find a hostel within our price range. We ended up in a hostel for locals. The locals we met were awesome. We spent the night laughing and sleeping with the lights on because of bed bugs. I still have bed bug bites all over my leg."
Journal Entry: 06.06.2014

Just another normal sunset on Vagator Beach, Goa.

The bus ride from Mumbai to Goa was memorable. The bus driver had the AC on high and did not provide us with blankets. Borja and I shared a sleeper. It was so cold we even asked them to turn the AC down. But like most other services in India, we didn't get what we asked for. It got so cold that we ended up using the mattress as a cover for the night. Good times.

Goa, known for its beautiful beaches, is a southwestern state on the coast of the Arabian Sea. Goa was a contrast from most northern Indian states. A lot greener and calmer than its Northern counterpart. We arrived during the offseason, so we pretty much had the beaches to ourselves. Amazing Portuguese Colonial architectures and churches. So many churches. Anjuna, Baga and other beaches of Goa state are comparable to that of Old Town San Diego. Rent a motorbike for $3 a day and you can explore other near by beaches. It was extremely difficult for me to leave Goa, but I have too little time and too many places to explore.



Overlooking the cliffs of Vagator Beach






"Borja is a good dude and I enjoy traveling with him. He has taught me to be assertive in what I want. If you don't communicate your needs, no one will know.
Don't be afraid to explore deeper within yourself and the world...."
Journal Entry: 06.07.2014


Sunset overlooking Anjuna Beach.



Little lake around Anjuna Beach area.





For the Foodies:



Xacuti:

A Goan dish. Fried coconut flakes curry and chicken. Served with rice. Enjoy with a King's.



[caption id="attachment_868" align="aligncenter" width="547"] A Goan dish. Fried coconut flakes with curry and chicken. Served with rice.



Salute!



King's Beer:

Not to be confuse with Kingfisher, King's is only found in Goa. This local brew has roasted and nutty notes and paired quite well with curry.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0738s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb