A Royal portrait of Hyderabad


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Andhra Pradesh » Hyderabad
July 26th 2017
Published: July 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

India is wearing the scintillating attire of Royalty from the ages of old. It is not only expressed through their living styles but their contributions in constructing bygone cities with marvelous architectural outlook have idiosyncrasies to share. Just to charm you well with charismatic royalty, let me take you towards 400 years old city in vibrant country, India which is well-renowned for its brilliant culture and past. It is an honorarium of physical artefacts and intangible attributes of many rulers. To reach Hyderabad, one can get down at Hyderabad railway station and means of transport are easily available to reach the old city.



When I reached there, I found flooded city, not by water but with the people. It was brimmed up to neck. This sentence significantly matches with the gracious desire of the founder of the city, Muhammad Quli Qutb Shah who founded this cultural city in the last decade of 16th century to shift his capital from Golconda by the virtue of increasing population.

Tarekh-e-Qutb-Shahi, a written history about twenty five years after the foundation of Hyderabad quoted it as

The city is verily a paradise; there is nothing that is not to be found here.

This observation is true even today.

At 10:00 am, I entered in the old streets and on the spur of the moment, I stopped. My eyes took the first glance of the marvelous grandeur Charminar which was acquiring the central position in the city. It is the symbol of love of Sultan Mohammad Quli Qutb Shah who built this edifice for his beloved Bhagmati. She lived at this place earlier known as Chiclam. It made me realized that India has not only Taj Mahal as a token of love. It was beautifully decorated and artistically designed with many ambrosial motifs and alleged itself as the masterpiece of unique Qutb Shahi architecture.

City was wearing soothing architectural attire, the artistic dominance also resides within the grand Mecca Masjid standing at north-west of Charminar. The intriguing fact about this pious place is that the two bricks in the central arch of the Mecca Masjid were exported from spiritual land, Mecca itself. Other attraction is the Jama Masjid which lies at north-east of Charminar and is believed to be first mosque constructed after Charminar in the new city. After getting a glimpse of architectonics, I hurried to feel the city life.

Around 6 pm, when the evening was falling down, I rushed towards the dazzling market around Charminar which is titled as Laad Bazaar. With my first foot in the market, I was brightened with the scintillating charm of the dazzling streets. The shops were dispersing the colors of a spectrum, totally put me under a spell. Further, I came to know that the glittered bazaar (market) engrosses a deep significant value in itself as it was setup by Sultan Muhammad Quli Qutb Shah as a shopping arena for the marriage of his daughter, Hayath Bakshi Begum. Beside its Art and Architecture, the sanctity and favorability of royal things like hyderabadi lac bangles, attar, bidri craft specifically pearls which were bestowed by king on his people were elevating the interest of visitors to explore it more.



One cannot resist self to taste the luscious hyderabadi cuisine which was the lip-smacking contribution of the royals to Hyderabad and now it became a tradition here. One can’t leave the city without tasting it. The delicious tidbits like biryani, Osmani chai and biscuits are just outstanding to relish the watery mouth and to charm the richness of chatters with a treat which give a token of worth to your travel quest in Hyderabad.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



27th July 2017

You r doing very well by giving us quite interesting information about different cities.

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 41; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb