The Dutch House goes to India


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Andhra Pradesh » Hyderabad
July 4th 2006
Published: November 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

That's right, the shoe has been to INDIA. It's visited the old fortress of some Persian princes from 600 years ago. It went to the airport... it got around town. Here are some pics.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Shoe at CastleShoe at Castle
Shoe at Castle

Here's the shoe in the turret at Golconda Fort, Hyderabad.
Shoe at CharminarShoe at Charminar
Shoe at Charminar

So this Persian prince guy, he got around... he built this mosque/traffic circle as a wedding gift to a local guy who had given him his two daughters (!) as brides in return for some deal... Yes, the shoe got there, too.
Shoe at Castle sideShoe at Castle side
Shoe at Castle side

Here we are on the backside of the rock that the citadel was built on top of... there's a very scenic view of the city from up there.
Shoe at  Hyderabad AirportShoe at  Hyderabad Airport
Shoe at Hyderabad Airport

This one is kind of funny... it's an Indian tradition for as many friends and family to see you off on a journey, so a couple of her brothers and cousins joined us at the airport. Those who can't make it call... so we're sitting in the airport lounge waiting for the flight and Esther is on three phones, non-stop... I think the idea is nice, but in practice everyone gets upset because you really can't focus on saying goodbye to anyone.


Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0518s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb