Hong Kong on the move...


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
January 8th 2012
Published: January 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

lt's time for Leslie and Tiffany to go back to school, but before this we are having a little week-end of fun in Hong Kong.



Hong Kong will always be a special place for us. This is where Leslie and Tiffany were born, and it is also the place where I have my office, tracing my link to HK to the last 15 years. Leslie came back to HK once with me few years ago to visit Disneyland, and Tiffany had just a transfer two years ago here, but never really came back over the last 5 years. So to put it simply, they don't remember much of Hong Kong.



An easy question without a simple answer...How do you visit Hong Kong? The place is moving all the time full speed, but there are not actually that many things to visit around HK Island. I know many could disagree with that point.



What I find interesting is that most of the local attractions are actually public transports moving millions of people every days, I name the HK Island tram, the Star Ferry and the Peak Tram (plus the public buses and MTR). So over three days, we took the tram, Peak tram, Star Ferry, double decker buses, mini-buses, taxi, metro, Mid-Levels escalator...and yes, we did walk too a lot!



We spent also time having lunches and dinners with friends. This means we ended up moving around between meals...a slightly tiring experience! It was great to see all of you around the last few days...and as always, I have to admit, we should do it more often!



We also could have spent time doing some shopping. But living in Bangkok, we are not much in Winter sales shopping yet! On top of this, Leslie and Tiffany are growing so fast that we live in the short/medium term when it comes to dress them. Don't worry, winter shopping will have to be done at one stage for 2012!



It was great to see how Leslie, and specially Tiffany were so excited to discover the place where they came first to earth. To be honest, I think they were more excited riding the different trams and boats rather than visiting the place.



The weather was pretty cold too, at around 10 degrees celsius and a pretty much cloudy stay for the all week-end. A true "winter experience" for Tiffany who is discovering what colder weather could mean.



This is the first entry fully in 2012....more to come. I know, not many pictures for this entry as we spent wonderful time with our friends. To finish this week-end, Tiffany, Leslie and Mari took for the first time an A380, with a ride back home to Bangkok, while I was flying to the colder weather of Shanghai.



This is it for blogging in January, the Christmas holidays are over. It was so nice to have these nearly three weeks with Leslie AND Tiffany. It's kind of funny to see how this little girl has changed over the last 7 months living in Bangkok. It looks like yesterday, and at the same time, we have had so many great times over the last few months, that I find it difficult to remember how life was when Tiffany was not living with Leslie....Leslie, going on his five years having move with me...what a way to start a year...and as a friend did mention it to me...you cannot imagine how grateful I am to have such a family, thanks Mari, Tiffany and Leslie for 2011!



Happy New Year and best wishes for 2012!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



9th January 2012

A good start.
So, this is your first of many, many interesting blogs for the year. Your children look so happy, and so do you and Mari. God bless your family, Peter! Each of your blog entries continue to bring cheer to me.
9th January 2012

Brrr!
Hi guys, a great start to 2012 for you. We are in HK beginning of next week and are dreading the cold, funny how used to hot weather you an get! It looks like you kept warm and had lots of fun on your weekend. There is loads to do in HK, although as you say they seem to be centred around transportation and it's still one of our favourite cities in the world. Here's to a year full of travelling!
9th January 2012

Brrr!
sorry that last comment was from us - seems TB had logged us out :)

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb