Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
March 12th 2009
Published: March 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Hong Kong


Today is Thursday, March 12th for us and we are at sea on our way to Vietnam. It is still Wednesday evening for you in Columbus and Naples.

Yesterday we were in Hong Kong, China. It is one of the largest container ports in the world and we were docked in the middle of the container activity. See the photos. I went downtown for an hour or so to look around but Granny Lynne stayed on board as we had been here twice before and had done all the things that the Queen Victoria's shore cruises did.

China has a population of 1.3 billion people!! You don't really realize how many people this is until you see the crowds of Chinese on the sidewalks of Shanghai and Hong Kong.

Hong Kong was shrouded in fog/smog most of the day and this restricted views of the City's skyline, which is probably the most spectacular of any city in the world. I took some video last night as we sailed away, but with the smog it was not worth sending now as it takes so much time to transmit. I will share it with you when we get home.

We are on our way to Vietnam and will be there tomorrow. We have been here before also, but it is not one of my favorite places as the memories of the war and the loss of life are still too fresh in my mind.

Loads of love again and again. Granddaddy and Granny Lynne



Please click on the links below for the tracking map, the Queen Victoria Bridge webcam and the Queen Victoria tracking map.

Chuck and Lynne's Satellite Tracking Map

Webcam on the Bridge of the Queen Victoria

Queen Victoria GPS Tracking Map






Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 42; dbt: 0.062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb