Day 36 - Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Sha Tin
February 27th 2012
Published: February 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Final day and its a bit sad to say that however it's been such a great trip that we can't have any complaints.

I'm not sure what the reason is but again it was another terrible night sleep for me as I was awake from 3am until 7am and then back asleep for a couple of hours while Lauren had some breakfast.

We had planned to take a taxi to Times Square to have a look around and do some last minute shopping. We almost didn't make it as we had the world's worst taxi driver, for the whole trip which was about 30 minutes we drove as if he was driving a manual car and it was stuck in the wrong gear for the whole trip, we just kangaroo hopped the whole way. Probably not necessary however as we got out of the car, I felt the need to tell him that he was the worst driver I've seen in the world. Obviously English wasn't his strong point as he just said thank you and drove off.

Looked around the shops for a bit but it was more to kill time as I think that we'd both seen enough shops over the last few weeks to last us a lifetime.

Back to the hotel for one final drink and now at the airport. It is sad that it had come to an end but we are both tired and I think we're ready to get back to normality. It's been the trip of a lifetime and neither of us have any regrets, we've done everything we wanted to and more.

Looking forward to seeing everyone when we're back and then it will be time to plan our next trip!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0518s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb