Hong Kong – all good things…!!!


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Lantau Island
October 27th 2010
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


For the first time in 5 weeks, Roisin and Chris both thought 'Well, this is it. It's time to go home' as Roisin did her stuff with the packing 3 suitcases worth of stuff in to 2.

Ron was pleased that (one of) the possums came to visit. It turns out that there is a family of at least 3 possums so the two visits Chris and Roisin received could have been 2 totally different animals. I'm not sure why all three didn't visit in one sitting. Perhaps one of the possums is sent out to the humans for food. If so the possum or possums sat stuffing their tiny furry faces with banana that Chris and Roisin supplied in full view of them. The possum probably returned to the den where he told the others, ‘Nah! They weren't there!!'

Ron took Chris and Roisin back to the train station where they were able to catch a train direct to the airport.

At check in there was a minor incident. Roisin's case weighed in at 23.8kg. Not bad considering the maximum weight allowable under Virgin Atlantic is 23kg. Chris's case, however, set the buzzer off. ‘Your case is over weight at 28.6kg. Do you have a third case? Can you transfer anything?' Luckily as Chris and Roisin were travelling Premium Economy, their baggage allowance was 2 checked in per person and 2 hand luggage. Thankfully common sense prevailed and the attendant confirmed with her supervisor that it was OK to aggregate the luggage. Crisis over. Chris's wallet went back into hibernation!!

The flight time from Sydney to Hong Kong is 9 hours. This seemed to go extremely quickly departing at 15:25 and arriving in Hong Kong at 21:35. Hong Kong is 3 hours behind Sydney but 7 hour in front of the UK.

Roisin reminded Chris that they would once again cross the equator. She was absolutely right. However, this time there was no whooping. No celebrations or ceremonies. No certificates were issued. It's as if they had just slipped across while nobody was looking.

A free shuttle took Chris and Roisin direct to the Novotel Citygate only a mile or so from the airport on Lantau Island.

The day seems to have gone exceedingly well despite the luggage issue. A new suitcase will definitely be on the agenda tomorrow!!

But wait. The day hasn't ended. Due to the hotel being fully booked, Chris and Roisin were upgraded to a Premier Room on the 18th floor. One floor higher and they would have gotten free Wifi!!

Advertisement



28th October 2010

You'll need a holiday to get over this one.
28th October 2010

Im not sure what the topic of conversation will be in the office when you get back Chris this has kept us enthraled for weeks now - wouldnt you like to stay a little longer !!! (only joking)- we have thoroughly enjoyed every moment with y
ou and Roisin and look forward to the home run
28th October 2010

well your CSE engrish is gud chwis, i is proud of yis'your descriptive narrative has to say the least, been humorousAs I leave the UK tomorrow back to Australia, I hope we can meet next time

Tot: 0.276s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0761s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb