Last leg of the holiday


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Lantau Island
March 28th 2015
Published: March 28th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Now sat in the airport lounge with just 30 minutes before boarding. Next stop London Heathrow.

Yesterday we took the Star Ferry to Hong Kong Island and strolled around the Central area. There is one or two government buildings from the past still standing amongst the glass skyscrappers. We found the Charter Garden, an oasis in the city centre. We stopped at a McD for lunch as Lynn has had her fill of noodles. After lunch we tackled the Central to Mid Levels escalator system, the worlds longest group of escalator travelling over 800m and climbing some 135m. Then back to the Star to cross back to Kawloon. We then walked up Nathan Road, the Golden mile, where there are more Cartier watch shops than McDonalds. The number of jewellers and the prices of items in their shop windows was disgusting considering the poverty experienced by the majority of the population. This was clear to see when we reached the Temple street night market area, really run down buildings with washing hanging out everywhere.

Prior to this we enjoyed a walk through Kowloon Gardens and the exercise area for the elderly, the water gardens and aviary.

Soon be home.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0684s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb