DisneyLand is the happiest place on earth!


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Lantau Island
June 28th 2008
Published: July 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Hong Kong with some visas issues, the chinese didn't want to let us back in to Bejing to take our flight the next week. Needless to say we were a little stressed so decided to check out the shopping! A little retail therapy on the black market helped as did seeing the Sex & the City movie! The next morning, to our luck, they were able to sort out our visas in one day, so we headed off to Disneyland stress free and excited!
We had decided to treat ourselves and stay at Disney's Hollywood Hotel and were shocked by the difference from our dingy hostel, there was even Mickey Mouse slippers! After the shock wore off we headed to the park for the real fun! Though no DisneyWorld, HK DisneyLand still had plenty to do and see. Armed with our matching ears that Soph insisted we buy, we spent the first day trying out the rides and seeing the fireworks! The lines were short and Space Mountain is always a classic. That night we practically fell into bed we were so exhausted!

The next morning Dave (being the fabulous guy he is) got up early picked up our visas in town and met us ready for another day at the park! I personally was very excited to see all the shows they had to offer but didn't know what a big day it would become! We saw a Lion King show, a Mickey Mouse show, a parade and a 3-D movie! They were all really well done and worth the trip! Then we decided to try out the rest of the rides. As some of you know, the Dumbo ride is now my favorite! In mid air, while i screamed at him to get out the camera, David asked me to marry him with an adorable ring from the gift shop! The pictures describe it better than I can, but needless to say it was an emotional moment! I was completely caught off guard! Afterwards we celebrated with a buffet (David's idea) and a great bottle of champagne (my idea) ( would like to point out that I think the Champagne was also my idea- Dave! Though we wished you could all of been there to celebrate with us, we were lucky enough to have our fabulous friend (and Dave's co-conspirator) Sophie with us!

The
It's a small world!It's a small world!It's a small world!

Soph's favorite ride
next day we headed back into town and checked out the electronic markets. At night we met up with my friend from Canada and had a lovely dinner!
On our final day in HK we decided to head up to Victoria Peak, we were told it was a must see! We had a fancy lunch (still on cloud 9) and checked out the wax museum which was great until the Scream section. Sophie and I nearly lost our voices and could barely open our eyes, good fun!
We then headed to the airport via 3 buses with what we thought was lots of time. However a hold up on the HK side made us late for our flight and for the first time in our lives we missed our plane. That sure brought us down to reality but we were lucky as there was another flight that night! After the night spent in Beijing airport we were off to Dubai! xoxoxoxo Amy


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Stars in our hotel!Stars in our hotel!
Stars in our hotel!

The perks of staying at a Disney hotel
The Mad Hatter Tea CupsThe Mad Hatter Tea Cups
The Mad Hatter Tea Cups

We just missed meeting Alice!
On the SceneOn the Scene
On the Scene

final proof, if it was ever needed, that theres nothing more romantic than a flying elephant.
A re-enactmentA re-enactment
A re-enactment

Yes, we were wearing mouse ears at the time!
All Smiles.All Smiles.
All Smiles.

Amy flashes the 'bling', Sophie gives it a seal of approval, Dave's just relieved she said yes!
Love Shot!Love Shot!
Love Shot!

Back at the hotel, its Champagne celebration time!
Shopping TimeShopping Time
Shopping Time

The bustling Ladies Market, Kowloon.
Battle of the Bulge!Battle of the Bulge!
Battle of the Bulge!

Dave and I find a new way to work out our differences!
Victoria Peak!Victoria Peak!
Victoria Peak!

The top of the mountain overlooking HK
Streetcar HK styleStreetcar HK style
Streetcar HK style

Also known as a Tram.


3rd July 2008

CONGRATULATIONS!
What a blog that was! Congratulations Dave and Amy! That was soooo cute. The 3 of you look pretty good with your mouse ears on too. Sophie, thank you for the postcards from China! I wish we could've explored HK together when we were there in 2004. Looks like alot of fun! M :)

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0545s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb