Hong Kong 2


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
October 28th 2014
Published: November 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Blog date 30th October.

28th Oct, last day in HK.

After breakfast in Starbucks we decided to go underground!!

We looked at it on our first day but it looked too busy but we decided we could not leave HK without trying out the Metro.

As it turned out it was much easier than we thought.

We purchased our tickets and boarded the train, very cheap and clean. No one is allowed to eat or drink on the Metro perhaps London should take note.

After a quick change at Mong Kok we arrived at Diamond Hill metro station.

They've only gone and built a shopping mall on top of the metro station!

Following a quick visit to the shopping mall (not quick enough for Stuart) we visited Nan Lian Garden and Chi Lin Nunnery Buddhist Halls which was beautifully serene considering a 9 lane elevated section of a motorway had been constructed over part of it, but thats Hong Kong!!



After we had finished our visit we returned to the mall (no shopping this time) to go and get some food. Rebecca decided it had to be authentic Chinese. They did look at us a bit oddly as if to say are you sure you wouldn't rather want a Pizza Hut or McDonalds! (They are everywhere)

We were the only non Chinese there but the food was great, even Rebecca couldn't finish it all!

Transport and food are very cheap here unlike New Zealand, more on NZ in the next instalment.

We managed to easily return to our hotel in time to collect our bags and catch a taxi to the airport.

Left HK about 9.15pm local time and following a very bumpy flight landed in Auckland at 1pm local time the next day, all tired and unsure of day and time, very confusing?

Caught another flight at 3.30pm and flew on to Christchurch.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Incredible contrast to the skyscrapers behind this beautiful garden.


1st November 2014

Shopping
Don't worry Abby I'll do enough shopping for you in NYC ;) 2 daysssss! Love the blog xx

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 40; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb