Back in Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
April 5th 2005
Published: April 5th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hong Kong CemetaryHong Kong CemetaryHong Kong Cemetary

its not so fun walking uphill to visit your ancestors (this is only a small fraction of the cemetary)
The cooler temperatures have been a source of relief. Mom didn't quite enjoy Bangkok as the 30 degree heat + humidity was a bit much for her. We made the best of our last day in Bangkok by going to a weekend market that was monstreous. I think with 15 000 stalls you could go without seeing the light of day for quite some time. We shopped until we left with empty wallets.
Now that we're back in Hong Kong we're catching up with family and friends. We went to visit my grandfather's grave on the Kowloon side. He's buried in a christian cemetary so its permanent - or so I thought. I've heard that if someone doesn't visit your grave within three years they'll remove the tombstone and soon enough they'll dig you up even though you've purchased a "permanent plot".
We've done most of the touristy things here in Hong Kong - saw Victoria Peak, Aberdeen, Tsim Sha Tsui.
Most Hong Kong people have small apartments (even if they're wealthy) so they'll usually never invite you over. Instead, they'll entertain you in the comfort of a restaurant. As such, you get caught up in yum cha, some dim sum, some more yum cha and then eventually a 6-10 course dinner.
We're heading to Singapore on friday and then home on monday!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0204s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb