Tea House, Dim Sum, & Avenue of the Stars


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
June 20th 2010
Published: June 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Saturday (June 19th), our group went to a tea house and learned about the tradition of tea in China and had the opportunity to try the 6 different kinds of tea. After the tea, we had a dim sum lunch together which consisted of many different kinds of Chinese appetizers like dumplings, pastries, buns, and spring rolls. We then went to Avenue of the Stars which is a walkway that looks out over the harbor and Hong Kong Island. The view was soooo awesome. (There are some really great pictures from this too) There were also famous Chinese people's names in stars on the walkway.

After this group event, a few of us branched off and went to the Mong Kok area and discovered an outdoor market on Temple street. We found a lot of great stuff including fake designer purses, jewelry, watches, clothes, shoes, and a lot more!!! We finally got back around 6. That night another group of us met up and went to a sushi place for happy hour.

Today is Sunday and I am just resting and doing some laundry---which is a challenge because the washing machines and dryers are tiny!! Tomorrow, I get to go back to work!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Avenue of the StarsAvenue of the Stars
Avenue of the Stars

Sarah, Me and Alexa


21st June 2010
P6180039

Blue Skies
Hi Cutes ... hey, I actually saw some blue skies! Sure looked lile a really fun time! It's great they have tours and other excursions planned to get a 'feeling' of Hong Kong and its people. I look forward to you sharing your journal. Could be good information for more than a few college papers. And what a beautiful skyline, both during the days and the evenings. Keep having fun and learning. Safe travels!
21st June 2010

Wow!
These are awesome pics. I'm living my dream through you, sweetie. This Blog was a fabulous idea. I love you! Mom

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb