From the back streets of Bangkok to the heights of Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
February 28th 2013
Published: February 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Bitter sweet Bangkok....a complete contradiction, an impossible city to love but a must to experience.

We stayed at Udosuk on the 11th floor of a block of modern flats...tiny but clean and functional. We had the skytrain on our doorstep so were in the centre in 20 minutes.We had a kitchenette so were able to prepare food for ourselves on a couple of occasions as I, personally can't bear the sight of Asian food anymore!

We visited what we could but it was very hot and humid. A highlight was sailing up the river on the ferry, cheap as chips and an eye opener!

We also took an afternoon cycle tour ( 4 hours ) run by none other than Anthony Hopkins half brother! We got to visit parts of Bangkok we would never have found by ourselves and had great fun.

Last night we flew into Hong Kong, took the Airport Express train into the Air Terminal on Hong Kong Island, so easy, and checked into Hotel LBP ( weird name ) on Queen Street West. Really nice boutique sort of a place in what seems to be a block of flats but a bargain at £70 including breakfast and in such a good position.

The weather today was disappointing so no good photos. We took the Starline Ferry across the harbour to Kowloon, nipped in to the Penninsular but the queue for afternoon tea was silly to say the least, dared to enter the Chungking Mansions but didn't linger (!), walked to Signal Hill and did the Ladies Market and the Temple Street Market where we dined on the street from a stall. Hope we won't regret it! My feet are on strike now so that's it for today folks...!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb