Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
October 13th 2008
Published: October 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

TramTramTram

This is the view from the tram that goes upto the Peak
Hi Everyone

Sorry there hasn't been a new entry in a while but its quite hard getting online here mainly i think because everyone has the Internet on there phones and laptops due to a lot of free Wi-Fi spots around the city so there isn't a great demand for Internet cafes, The flight to Hong Kong was good it only took an hour and 20 mins, after finding my way to the hostel I'm staying at i went up to Victoria Peak which is a large hill area overlooking the whole city, to get to the peak you catch a tram that goes up the very steep slope to the top which is very unsettling travelling at a 45 degree or more angle upwards. The View from the top is just amazing you can see for miles and it puts the whole of Hong Kong into perspective, there are also lots of shops, cafes and restaurants at the peak and a free arcade where you can play all sorts of computer games on various consoles. I stayed up there until it got dark and the whole view changes as the city landscape lights up.

Yesterday i went to
View from the topView from the topView from the top

View from the top of Victoria Peak
Stanley Market which is on the coastline of the south island, it is very scenic around this area and there are beaches galore lining the route to the market. I think i came on the wrong day though because i couldn't find a single stall open which i suppose is not dissimilar to a Sunday in England, after a few hours i travelled back to Causeway Bay where i am staying and had a look at the local area before heading by ferry to Tsim Sha Tsui which is the best spot to see the Laser Light Show on Hong Kong Island. I had heard many things about this show but i found it didn't meet expectations but was still a very good thing to see. I would upload some pictures for you all to see but i can't do because the library i am in doesn't allow it but i will do as soon as i get the chance.

Haven't really done a lot today i saw the 6m tall Golden Bauhinia statue outside the Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition centre which was put there in 1997 after Hong Kong became independent. I'm not sure what I'm doing for the rest of the day but i will let you know in my next blog.

Take care everyone

Alex


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

GroundedGrounded
Grounded

The city at night from below


14th October 2008

boo!!!!

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0586s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb