Hong Kong and Disneyland HK


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
December 11th 2007
Published: December 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Kim was visiting her family in Texas for a few weeks and flew back to Delhi just in time to catch our flight to Hong Kong and she received a one year extension on her India Visa only 2 hours before she boarded her flight back to India!

So after 40 hours on airplanes and a 16 hour time difference, I had to drag her around the first few days in Hong Kong. I had to beat her a few times for talking back, but she responded quickly, and we were off and running.

Hong Kong as you may imagine, or even know, has a very western feel to it. We quickly found Carumba, the best Mexican food restaurant in town and made it our daily lunch routine. The Mexican food in Delhi sucks so this was a big deal for two Southwestern Americans. The food was superb in Hong Kong--Mexican, Italian, Chinese, Thai, Indian, Salad Bars, etc. Yummy! Make sure to wander the streets of Soho to find great food from all over the world.

The lodging is insanely expensive, so bring lots of money, and book way in advance.

The nightlife provided great people watching. People were stumbling around Lan Kwai Fong with drinks in there hands; dancing in the streets. There was a costume party in one bar, and people who were visibly having a hard time standing up, were being served more drinks by the waiters who were delivering the drinks to them in the street in front of the bar. No cars were allowed in the Lan Kwai Fong area, so people walk about freely from bar to bar.

We took a one hour night cruize around the harbor and that is where all the beautiful city lights pictures were taken. The shopping was as good as San Francisco or Singapore.

We also spent the night in Kowloon and visited the night market, and went up to the Peak to get the best view of the city. We took the city bus tour to Stanley market which was a beautiful tour of Hong Kong island for about one (US) dollar. Before we headed back to Delhi, we spent the day at Hong Kong Disneyland. Said mouse was in the house.




Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb