City Tour


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
January 31st 2007
Published: January 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Science PaulScience PaulScience Paul

Paul reviews the finer points of rotary switching
On day 3 in HK we elected to take a "city tour". Packed on to a bus we were briskly funneled through the major attractions and tourist traps. Shirley, our tour guide, provided a running commentary in English with a Cantonese/Australia hybrid accent. She had the somewhat annoying habit of repeating the last few words of every sentence … every sentence.

Highlights included: Victoria Peak, Hong Kong’s most conspicuous landmark; Aberdeen, once a fishing village, it has been developed on a large scale. There are still remnants of a fishing village on the water where many fishermen still live; a “genuine” Hong Kong jewelry factory; and the Stanley market. But what made the day was driving very quickly by Jackie Chan’s driveway at 99 Repulse Bay.

In the afternoon, we returned to the Science Museum. This time it was not only open, but it admission was free. The kids had a great time. It was on a par with the Ontario Science Centre, perhaps a bit smaller.


Advertisement



31st January 2007

Photo
Who's the guy in the photo? Just kidding, I know who it is, because it says so at the bottom of the photo. Is that a special feature of the camera that you are using? Rotary switching, as opposed to Linear?

Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0972s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb