14th of September:)


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island » Wan Chai
March 27th 2012
Published: March 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

When we woke up, we were happy and feeling confident. It was 8:30am and the workers came in and gave us our breakfast. They gave us a bacon and egg sandwich and a glass of orange juice. We were sitting there and talking to each other about where we would go; it took us 20 minutes to eat all of our food. After that Shania and I got ready, we brushed our teeth and went for a quick shower. It took us 30 minutes to get ready and when we were finally ready Shania and I finally got a conclusion of where we wanted to go; The Morrison Hill Swimming Pool. So we put our bathers, towel (for when we get changed), spare clothes etc. in a bag. We decided not to use our car this time and just go for a walk because we wanted to see all the other buildings up close and experience the people and what they do, it was only a 7 minute walk from the hotel.

When we were in the middle of walking to the swimming pool a man in his mid-30s walked up to us and started talking to us about his business. We were kind of freaked out but we acted like we were interested. A couple of minutes later, he saw a big family walking down the street and he decided to follow them instead. We were relieved. We saw a group of women in their 20s, dressed up in their traditional uniform, laughing and making jokes to each other. We finally reached our destination and we were excited to swim.

Shania and I quickly got changed and went in the pools. It was warm, just the way we liked it. We stayed in their swimming and talking for 8 minutes and decided to go to the outside pool, which was very cold. When we were there, we dived in and did some tricks at the same time.

It was freezing cold when I first made contact with the water and when I was fully submerged with water it was still freezing! But after I got used to it and we swam some more laps and did more tricks. In the next 2 hours we were tired, our fingers were even getting to prune. Shania and I decided that we should get changed and go to the showers. It was about 2:00 pm and we decided to have lunch, we walked to the food court in the swimming pool and we bought a box of wedges each, which cost $5 each ($41.10 in HKD). We sat down at a table and ate it and we talked about stuff. When we both finished we walked back to our hotel, not noticing anything this time because we were a bit tired.

When we went home we slept until 8:30pm and when we woke up we couldn't be stuffed ordering any food so we just sat there and talked to each other in our pyjamas. After about 2 hours of gossip, we finally decided to go to sleep again.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb