Hong Kong - City Times


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island » The Peak
December 10th 2012
Published: December 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Had a nice lazy Monday morning so I had chance to sort out my blog and catch up on some emails etc. In the afternoon we head to the mall on Tracy’s estate to post some bits I don’t need for a while to Oz and purchased the steel toe cap boots I require for the fieldwork in Oz…hmmmmmm not quite as nice as my coral colour Ted Baker heels at home! For lunch we went for Dim Sum - small bite-sized portions of food like dumplings served in small steamer baskets – we had prawn, beef with herbs (a bit like a meatball), pork and prawn mixed, fish, prawn spring rolls and then a mix of a slice of fried fish stomach, chicken, ham and crab all wrapped in one parcel. I enjoyed the Dim Sum though I wasn’t too keen on the pork prawn mix and the mix of the four.

After our late lunch we caught the bus to TST (Tsim Sha Tsui) one of the main city areas. Here we wondered round the malls checking out all there amazing Christmas displays – the majority of which were very large and very pretty – put the Milton Keynes decorations to shame! We then walked to the harbour, along avenue of stars and the pier. From here you could see all the advertising boards which HK is famous for with all their Christmas messages up – it was very pretty. Though the environmental side of both Tracy and I did wonder how much electricity it all uses! With a Starbucks hot chocolate in hand we headed to the Star ferry to HK Island where we walked to the Peak Tram. This is a tram which takes you, at extreme angle, up to the ‘peak’ – a high point in HK where you gain stunning panoramic views of TST, HK Island and beyond, and it the dark, all light up it looked just fabulous.

We caught the bus back down to TST, grabbed some quick dinner around 10pm and headed to a local bar for cocktails. After a few hours of chatting we headed to another bar where they have a live band, and spent another few hours dancing and chatting and headed home around 2.30am on the bus, not before taking a photo in front on the Ben & Jerry’s shop first though.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 45; dbt: 0.064s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb