Tbilisi


Advertisement
Georgia's flag
Asia » Georgia
May 19th 2014
Published: May 19th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Tbilisi




Yesterday we left Turkey and entered Georgia. We are now oficially in Asia, but Tbilisi has had a lot of American influence. It sure seems a lot more like the US or Europe than most of the last week or so of the trip. I have ridden more than 4000 miles in the last two plus weeks. By the time we get to Baku later this week, we will be more than half way to Xian, but have spent only one third of the time. We travel more slowly and stop for more attractions along the way.

Driving in Georgia is a little strange, even compared to Turkey. There appear to be no rules and no speed limits on the two lane roads, with some wild passing and high speeds. The traffic flow on the new motorway into Tbilisi was quite orderly and well behaved. It looks like it may be the only place which is patrolled.

Border crossings are becoming increasingly problematic. Yesterday it took a very long time to clear customs. I have a US passport and a Colorado registration. It seems that the customs guys don't understand that Colorado is part of the US. I need to get a US map. Maybe that will help.

The wonderful archaeology museum in Tbilisi is closed on Monday, so we will have to wander the streets instead.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.267s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb