Lamma Island


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
April 5th 2010
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 22.2, 114.133

Today we went to Lamma Island. We caught the Star Ferry across the river then another boat to Lamma Island. It was pretty rough and I felt really sea-sick, I don't usually get sea-sick but this was rough and then at the end we got caught in another boats wake and it was really bad.

The island was really nice, quite small and very rural. There wasn't many other tourists, but there was a lot of locals there. It's a public holiday here today.

We went straight through the island and started walking to the other side. It was really long and really steep, but we made it. Mum and I walked together and Uncle Andy, Elyse and Hayley walked together as we wanted to take photos but they weren't interested in that.

We stopped halfway and took photos and had a muesli-bar and some subway cookies together. At the end we got lunch at a sea-food restaurant. I just had fried-rice and everyone else had disgusting smelling seafood.(Garlic Prawns,Mussels Oysters etc) It made me feel really sick and I felt like I was about to throw-up. As soon as we left the restaurant part but I felt fine almost instantly.

Hayley and I brought a toy at a shop. It sounds lame but it's really fun, it's a stick with a spinny-thing and you move something up the stick and the disk goes flying-up. After 3 minutes Hayley's was in the tree.

When we got back to the hotel we did our own thing; they brought watches and we went clothes shopping but there wasn't really all that much.

Just before 8pm we went and got Maccas and took it to a place where we watched the light-show from. I'd estimate that there was 2500 other people there as well. We left before it finished so we could beat the crowd!

From there we caught the underground to the Night-market. The night-market was better tonight than other nights. There was a place where you could buy a necklace that contained a grain of rice with your name on it. The guy didn't even use a magnifying glass! It was amazing. While we were waiting I looked up for a split-second and saw someone from Bunyip! I stayed back but mum went and talked to them.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



6th April 2010

It's amazing how you can meet someone from home.Once, a man walked up to Ron & said "We were at school together"The underground is good isn't it & saves a lot of walkingYou've been very busy - am glad you walked across the island -
it is so rural - did you see any one watering his crop, with a watering can from each end of the shoulder pole? It would be a very heavy leadLove to all

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb