Nice warm up


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
September 7th 2014
Published: September 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Ever tried eating a fried egg with chop sticks? Or spreading butter and jam? An interesting morning. Traditionally the Chinese eat broth with rice and noodles and pancakes for breakfast. So I'm guessing the organisers suggested food we might like to eat but cutlery wasn't on the menu.

After a horrendous night we got off to a good start as the atmosphere is good. We cycled 66km today to break us in to our new bikes. The pace was fast at the front which was pleasing. We just have to wait at stop points for everyone to catch up which is fine. It's very warm and humid but the dreadful mist/fog isn't lifting so sadly we can't appreciate the scenery.

We stopped at Buddha hill for lunch and had more rice and some form of meat dish. Then at the hotel more rice with interesting tasting/textured food. That's the polite way to say we've no idea what we were eating tonight!

So tomorrow is a long day just over 104km with hills 😞. So tomorrow I'm slowing down a bit as I want to make it to the finishing line!

Tata for now.

Sent from my iPhone


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb