The Mini Gorges


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
March 20th 2012
Published: March 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

A Gorge Along The Yanxi RiverA Gorge Along The Yanxi RiverA Gorge Along The Yanxi River

A picture that I took in the Mini Gorges.
Hey everybody.

Today we went on a gorge tour. We went to see the mini gorges. The sight was beautiful. We saw monkeys on the rocks playing around too. There was also holes in the walls. In thoes holes were coffins. They were called hanging coffins. It was really cool to see. The reason why they hung the coffins or placed them on the cliff is because the people beleived that the higher they are the closer they are to heven. They also beleved that when someone died they would go to heven. So the higher the coffins were hung the closer they were to heaven. The coffins were pretty high up and some people wonder how they got that high. Some people say that the water was once that high and all they had to do was swim it over. Back then they didn't have helicopters or airplanes to get the coffins to where they needed to be.

When we got into smaller boats to continue we saw homes on the mountain sides. In one of the houses a man was sitting in chair playing a trumpet. In another house that we saw there were dishes hanging. It
A House That The Farmers Live InA House That The Farmers Live InA House That The Farmers Live In

This is a building that the farmers live in. This is where one family would live.
looked like a kitchen. Again there were monkeys. The water was also more shallow then the water that our cruise boat sails in. There were one or two more hanging coffins too. We also saw a hole in the wall. Our guide said that it was important because people went through the hole into the cave. And while they were exploring the cave they found a spring with drinkable water. That would have been really cool.

There was also buildings built on the sides of the mountain. They mostly belonged to local farmers. The farmer could have more then one child because they needed the help on their farms. You could also see where they would farm. What you would see is what looked like very wide steps. The farmers grew their crops on the steps. So when you were looking around it would be pretty easy to spot farming areas.

Payton


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

FarmingFarming
Farming

This is what the farmers would farm on. They would plant their crops in this kind of format.


20th March 2012
A Gorge Along The Yanxi River

Hello from Canada
Hello Parker, We are back to school and looking at your blog. Your trip looks like you are having lots of fun. We like seeing the pictures. See you later.

Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb