Changchun


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
June 26th 2011
Published: June 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We are in Changchun for a few days to visit the high school students who roomed with our students in a summer program last year. I don’t know if it is because Chinese have more money and education now days or Changchun citizens are just warm people, people there were just nice and civil. When I first started coming back to China, I noticed people were pushy and rude all the time compare to the U.S. manner. Over the years, people have become more civil like traditional Chinese. I came to know Changchun’s significance in the nation when we went on a special tour to visit Changchun Railway Inc. I learned that 70% of subway train, 50% train and most high-speed train in China were manufactured in Changchun. The railway company just finished the production of high speed train for Beijing to Shanghai line which will be open in late June. We had the pleasure to ride the subway trains and electric trains in various places. I am just blown away by their speed and comfort. We don’t have anything like these trains back in the states. I can see China becomes upcoming major player for the development and production of highly efficient mass transit. We got to see how the train shell was welded by robots, how the train interior was assembled and how each cart was air lifted to designated parking space. Just seeing the production line and the technology was truly amazing and eye opening experience. It was a private tour and only by invitation. If you want to see it, you have to come with me next time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.612s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb