my first entry


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
October 19th 2010
Published: October 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

a scenic spot a scenic spot a scenic spot

a lovely place in western China
China has a long and proud history spanning over 5000 years. During that time, it has seen 3 distinct types of government, and over a dozen different capitals. The current of China is Beijing. It is the third biggest country in the world based on land mass, behind Russia and Canada (the authors’ home country being Canada).
As for the language, it is one of two branches of the Sino-Tibetan family of languages. It is split into two different areas, Mandarin and Cantonese. Cantonese is spoken primarily in southern China area. That of Guangzhou, Shenzhen, most of Guangdong province Hong Kong and Macau; it consists of a eight tones in its pronunciation. As for Mandarin Chinese, it’s a four tonal language spoken in every part of the country with varying dialects. It is also spoken in Taiwan, and Singapore. It is one of 6 official languages at the United Nations. It is also a recognized minority language in several other Asian countries. Those being, Thailand, Malaysia, and the Philippines. About 1/6th the worlds population first language is Chinese surpassing that of Spanish and English as the number one spoken first language in the world. Mandarin Chinese alone has around 865 million native speakers.
As for the people. Most people of East Asian decent are often misconceived in Western culture as being Chinese. This statement is based purely on the physical appearance. In retrospect there are small differences in the appearance, but that is neither here nor there. As for the personality, I personally find most Chinese very friendly, polite, and hardworking with a strong sense of family values. A sense of family values which I personally feel we in the west have lost over time, or just plain neglected. They are a diverse people with a total of 56 recognized ethnic groups within its boarders, the most dominate group being the Han Chinese making up just over 96% of the population, with the remaining 55 groups filling in the remaining 4% of the population.
I admit when I first came to China, i knew very little about this beautiful country with such a vast history, but over time i grew to learn more about the country and about the people.


Additional photos below
Photos: 582, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

rice fieldsrice fields
rice fields

near Taishan


27th October 2010

Hi terry, Looking forward to see more on your blog:) --apple
30th October 2010

Terry, you are great! You know so much about China. I personally looking forward to see more articles about your country.

Tot: 1.048s; Tpl: 0.051s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:saturn w:www (104.131.125.221); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.4mb