Ningbo Town


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Zhejiang » Ningbo
September 13th 2017
Published: September 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post


Ningbo is a culturally layered city with a remarkable history. Like other ancient Chinese cities Ningbo offers windows into the many centuries and dynasties of Chinese development.


August 23, Ningbo Qiantong Ancient Town

Here in Qiantong the authentic historical buildings and relics of the Ming and Qing dynasties have been preserved. The local villagers enjoy life along the canal, children run freely and play in the open space. Senior citizens enjoy the sunset and evenings in the summer. It’s a much welcome contrasts to high density cities like Shanghai and Beijing.

There are several folk museums in town that I visited. Arts and crafts, performances, and even a locally brewed liquor keep the village lively and its citizens happily engaged with every day.



August 24th, Ningbo Zheng’s 17 Chambers

The massive structure of Zheng’s have maintained the integrity from Ming and Qing dynasties. The scenic surroundings and the temple bring a particularly ancient sentiment. Meanwhile the kitchen quarters have been maintained in thier original state of a stone pier, wood burning stove and the wall is covered in ivy.




The furniture is majestic and creatively on display. The streets and houses reveal the charms of the Ming and Qing Dynasties.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb