Ningbo, a rising star in China


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Zhejiang » Ningbo
August 28th 2017
Published: September 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post


2 Day Trip in August


Day 1: Moon Lake Park – Drum Tower

The journey has not yet begun and a mouth watering meal of seafood is laid before us. Ningbo crawfish is delicious and one of the best spicey, savory seafood meals I’ve ever enjoyed.

Next we visited Ningbo’s massive train station and set off for the Moon Lake Park and Drum Tower.

Overlooking the lake there is a romantic sense inspired. There’s all kinds of water sports and fishing alongside the ancient lake buildings with monuments and relics. The Chao Court is full of elegant decorations and a window into the ancient tea culture. Amazing that all these authentic cultural and historical sites are free to the public to access.

A peaceful 10 minute walk took us to the Ningbo Drum Tower, full of snacks and the showing of Ningbo’s development throughout history. From black and white ancient culture to the flourishing modern metropolis of Ningbo.



Day 2: Tianyi Square and the Old Bund

I’ve heard that Tianyi Square is a magnificent display of public space, winning several architecture awards. There is an old church near Tianyi Square surrounded by fountains and gardens.

Despite all the expectation of Tianyi Square I actually found the Old Bund to be more impressive. Built 20 years before the Shanghai Bund it’s thus called the Ningbo “Old Bund.” Along the riverside, with street musicians playing music, the time drifted away with conversation as the fountain show lights up the night sky.




Life is short, I’m glad to have included Ningbo in my travel bucket list.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb