A fun new bar


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Zhejiang » Hangzhou » Tonglu
March 28th 2011
Published: March 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We went to a new bar tonight. I went the first time I came to China, but, much like most of the bars in Glasgow, it's changed ownership many times since then. It's current incarnation is called something like 'musibar' and it's our new favourite place 😊

We went in peak time but it wasn't too smoky. The people were friendly but not in your face and thankfully didn't do that thing of coming to sit at your table and drink your alcohol. There were prostitutes there of course, but I think because Rach and i were there they left our table alone. The music was all western, and I recognised most of it. Some real classics as well as newer stuff. They did that annoying DJ thing of mixing between two songs so you never really got to enjoy either, but luckily for me, not that often.

The best thing though, was that there was a live band. Three filipinos, really nice and playing a great range of songs including Jason Mraz, Dean Martin and Will Smith! The only downside in my eyes was that they were only on for 4 songs every 40 minutes. It was really cool though, wonderful to see live music and somewhere we will definitely be returning to.

When the band came to our table to chat I was reminded of an episode of King of Queens. The couple are desperate to find another couple to hang around with and keep scaring off potential friends with their keenness. I could tell Rach and I were both thinking, "We can have some new friends!" as we both suggested lunch sometime! Let's see if our enthusiasm has frightened them away! Although we did meet some other people as well today, one of the foreign families that we've seen around recently. They are Russian, and really nice. The father and daughter speak English, and we hope to get to know them over the next few months.

So overall, today was a great day off. I went for a run, did some economics and met Rachael in the afternoon to lie in the park in the sunshine. She was supposed to be reading, and i was going to write a scholarship essay but in the end we just nattered for 2 hours! I am hoping that tomorrow will be as productive, but as it's now gone 2am I'm not too optimistic!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.29s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0739s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb