Lugu Lake


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yunnan » LuGu Lake
November 20th 2008
Published: November 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Next stop, Lugu Lake. From Lijiang we took a bus to the lake which took a good 8 hours of driving through dirt roads that zig zagged up and down mountains. I think it was a miracle that i never got carsick on either journey to or from lugu. The bus station is located in a town called luoshui in lugu. Once there we found a ride to our true destination, lige, a small town farther north up the coast of the lake. The town was really just a bunch of bungalows and restaurants along the lake front and figured to be a nice place to relax. The forest-lined lake overlaps the remote Yunnan-Sichuan border and is home to several tibetan, yi and mosu villages. the mosu are the last practising matriarchal society in the world and many other naxi customs lost in lijiang are still in evidence here. The lake is fairly high at an altitude of 2685m. For the one day we had at Lugu lake we hiked through the hills, went swimming, napped on the dock, and had a delicious bbq.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Lugu LakeLugu Lake
Lugu Lake

after a nice swim
Lugu LakeLugu Lake
Lugu Lake

morning
Lugu LakeLugu Lake
Lugu Lake

dogs were everywhere
Lugu LakeLugu Lake
Lugu Lake

hiking
Lugu LakeLugu Lake
Lugu Lake

lige island
Lugu LakeLugu Lake
Lugu Lake

dogs, everywhere


23rd November 2008

Junior
There appears to be a bit of beer in several of your pictures John. Do the people you're travelling with drink????? Do you need a bigger swim suit? Look forward to having you home again. Travel safe and smart.
18th March 2009

good

Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0769s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb