Kunming Green Lake Park


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yunnan » Kunming
September 14th 2009
Published: September 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

As many of the chinese parks, also this one is a very special piece of it's surroundings. Spacially it seems like they just wanted to create as much of the most enjoyable enviroment there...a shore with weeping willows. And they sucedded. The park is a set of islands, bridges and walkways connecting them, all one a remaining piece of whater that once belonged to the Kunming's lake Dian Chi.
Who liked hanging out in Ljubljana's Trnovo under Plecnik's willow trees before they had to cut them...is just loving this park already to start with. As you take in it's spirit...it's a lot of elderly citizens just having fun, playing cards, streching, chatting, excercising, dancing, singing...with one word...PLAYING. Actually the chinese have a word for it...and it would serve as 'to have a good time' or as 'to hang out together'...here it is to wan...literally...to play! A special feature of this park is, that at some willow walkway....there are many groups of people playing instruments together. The one I stopped at, was just amazing. It was a whole concert, but the most enjoying thing of it all was that you see, what a good time these three guys that played were having. That was not for money! It was for themselves and for their passing friends...and for passing strangers who took a moment and stopped.


Additional photos below
Photos: 45, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.183s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1096s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb