YouSuo Market


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yunnan » Dali
August 17th 2018
Published: August 17th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Hi All.
Just a day to spend in Dali so rented an ebike again for 100 rmb for the day. This bike was rather more robust than the one in Daocheng, which was a blessing as I did put it into a small ditch at one point. ??
There are markets in the villages all around Dali and on Fridays a very large market is held in YouSuo. YouSuo took just over and hour to reach on the ebike.
The market was wonderfully colourful with many of the woman wearing traditional Bai minority costume. We were looking for the local Batik cloth and we managed to find some and the stall owner told us where to go to find larger pieces.
After visiting the market we rode back along the west side of the lake along the ring road. Some of the Bai villages were so beautiful with the houses painted. There were plenty of snack stalls along the way and we tried DouHua, fish, sweets and fruit.
Just as we were approaching Dali the heavens opened and we got a little wet, although we did take shelter under a bamboo grove for a little while.
Adventures are nearly over. On to our last port of call Kunming tomorrow for a long weekend.

Enjoy the photos

JAH Bless


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb