长城 The Great Wall!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » The Great Wall
July 25th 2010
Published: July 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

I have not been the biggest fan of our Saturday Forced Family Fun activities, where we spend a lot of time waiting for people, argue about where to go and dive headfirst into tourist traps. However, this past Saturday's trip to the Great Wall was AWESOME! We went to the Jinshanling 金山铃 section, a few hours away from Beijing. We also visited a nearby Catholic village where they had pictures of Jesus on the walls.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Twin BoysTwin Boys
Twin Boys

This book I am reading said that they often hang photos like these up in the houses of newly-married couples, because having twins is the only way a couple could legally have more than one boy.
Han Bing and Han taitai!Han Bing and Han taitai!
Han Bing and Han taitai!

Han Bing's wife came along too - she was super nice!
Recently-Fixed WallRecently-Fixed Wall
Recently-Fixed Wall

Walking up the renovated part.
Lauren 拍照片Lauren 拍照片
Lauren 拍照片

They wanted to take a picture with us and then Lauren took a picture of them and then I took a picture of Lauren taking a picture of them.
Ruins!Ruins!
Ruins!

An old tower
Fixing it upFixing it up
Fixing it up

These guys were busy hacking away, fixing the wall.


28th July 2010

HI!
HAHA Sara I just typed "Catholic village nearby Jinshanling Great Wall" into Google because I wanted to see if there was more info about that area we visited, and this page was one of the first hits! I clicked on it not really knowing what it was and then the first picture was Han Bing and his wife and I was like whaaa and it took me a second to realize this was a CLSer's blog. Woo good story. You take awesome pictures, the blog looks great! 明天见 :)

Tot: 0.193s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0792s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb