Day 15 – Jiuzhaigou Valley


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Jiuzhaigou
April 14th 2012
Published: April 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We had the whole day to spend at Jiuzhaigou. The pictures speak for themselves. Who could have imagined such scenery existed in China. What is not captured in the photographs are the throngs of tourists. Jiuzhaigou however, is a massive valley, and the system of regular buses shuttling visitors up and down the passes to the scenic spots is very organized.

The weather was perfect. This first photo of the beautiful lake was taken over 4,000m above sea level. This photo, and the photo of the sunrise over Pingyao and the "Road to Datong" have to be my favourite photos so far on this trip. Can’t wait to see Stel and Sin’s catalogue of pictures.

Jiuzhaigou was simply breathtaking even despite Spring not being the best season to visit. I might consider coming again in Autumn. Stel T, you missed something real special.

We had a local Sichuan dinner with Tibetan beer and retired early to sleep for the long drive to Chengdu tomorrow.

Halfway through the trip now and we’ve covered 4,200km with still so much more to look forward to. The list of highlights just continues to grow, and all of us are looking forward to spending time on the panda reserve. We all can feel the pandas must be close by since pictures of pandas adorn many houses here.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



16th April 2012

Jiuzhaigou
Can you give me some details on Jiuzhaigou? We are thinking of going there during the May holiday possibly. What is the entrance fee? Is there a place to stay inside or nearby? If we flew from Hangzhou where should we fly into? Love following your trip and still wish we could have joined you guys.
17th April 2012

Juizhaigou
Hey guys. We are having a blast. Really feel this trip is turning out to be something special. Jiuzhaigou costs? No idea at all sorry. I'll ask Ying Chu our guide and get back to you. Booked this whole thing through Navo Tours and they basically take care of everything so we don't need to think, queue, or worry about money.

Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 22; qc: 124; dbt: 0.1092s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb