Chengdu - out and about


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Chengdu
June 14th 2017
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

The excursions this week have been FANTASTIC, we are really getting to see some amazing parts of Chengdu. But it is a bit of a shame that we aren’t able to spend most of these last few days with the Chinese students after we got to know them a little better at the camp. They really do seem like an awesome bunch of people and I honestly can’t wait until they come to Australia!! Some of them have unfortunate names like Awake, Fish, etc., and some of them don’t have an English name at all. So the last couple of days we’ve been trying to think of some new English names for them (it’s pretty funny naming people…but anyway), we gave Awake the name Olivia, we gave GelBoy, who I don’t think had an English name, Harry and so on.

On Monday we went to Goumin’s Biodynamic farm. It was really lovely and I enjoyed drilling holes in pieces of pipe and finding 200 worms in the soil to put in our homemade worm farms. They had big, beautiful sunflowers growing around and ADORABLE cows and goats. They were too cute!! We also had some delicious lunch and everything we
ate was grown on the farm – Mum would have loved it!

On Tuesday we explored some mountains, temples and Chengdu’s irrigation system that has lasted for over two thousand years!! The views from the mountains were unbelievable and the temples are so detailed and well kept!! It truly was amazing and the weather was nice and cool too!! Here we also caught many people taking photos of all of us, it was so busy!!

We had another great lunch in a well-known restaurant that was actually named by the president. We had many dishes and ate quite a bit and it only cost 30 Yuan or about six Australian dollars.

We then saw some water rafting, it looked quite fun but none of us were keen enough to spend our money on it. I know it sounds weird, but at the water-rafting place they had awesome toilets. Inside was a chandelier and some leather couches, everything was so shiny and clean.

These excursions have really improved my experience of Chengdu. It’s great!!



Faith

Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0586s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb