Black, kinda white and very cute!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Chengdu
July 24th 2012
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 30.67, 104.07

After 16 hours on a 3 tier sleeper train, we arrived in Chengdu at just gone midnight. We were picked up by a bus from the hostel, which made life soooo much easier! The dorm rooms were lovely and thus I was a little gutted we were only going to be there for 2 nights, including that arrival night, giving us only 1 day to see the pandas. Due to this, we decided to go on an organised tour from the hostel, as it wasnt worth missing out for the sake of a few $$.

We arrived at the conservation centre at feeding time, meaning that all of the pandas were active. They were in enclosures dependent on their age, and were so very cute. There were of course a million people at the first enclosure, however, we didn't spend long there, and managed to keep ahead of the masses for the rest of the morning. There were also red pandas, including a very very lickle one!

I will let the pictures say the rest for the pandas, as i took quite a few,

The most sad news from here though, was that Emily, one of the girlies, is going home (via oz) She was not really enjoying herself anymore and was tremendously homesick. With her and Jay leaving, i have lost 2 of my closest friends, in the space of a week. Time to sort out the head and get over my own homesickness..... Bring on the beaches of SE Asia and get me the hell out of these Chinese cities!



Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.45s; Tpl: 0.036s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb