My weekend in Chengdu


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Chengdu
June 5th 2017
Published: June 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

My weekend in China was great after having a really fun week at school. We made plans to meet the whole class at the Global Centre (a huge building containing an indoor beach, a water park, plenty of shops, etc.) but before going there Avalon and I had to meet a few classmates at Starbucks. To get to the street Starbucks was in, Avalon and I went in an Uber and the driver dropped us off in the right street, but little did we know that this street was a very long main street…very long. We walked around a bit trying to find the names of places that were given to us that are near Starbucks, but they were nowhere to be found. We did this for about an hour and a half and started to panic because we had no idea where we were…We were lost…in China…one of the biggest countries in the world.



As we panicked more and more we started to argue and yell at each other which didn’t exactly help our situation. We thought we’d have to sleep on the streets and become homeless foreigners, but I guess that was the worst case scenario. We tried speaking to the ladies at 7 eleven, but we really struggled to understand them, so we asked a nice man (who was also trying to help) if we could use his phone to ring Bethany’s homestay mum, Holly, (luckily we had her number) and he said yes! Holly knew who we were but couldn’t understand that we were lost, but she spoke to the nice man and he must have communicated with her that we were lost and where exactly we were because about ten minutes later she came to pick us up. She drove us to the Global Centre where we met our worried friends. We were very happy to see them and they were happy to see us! We had an AMAZING day ice skating, shopping, etc. and at the end of the day I was very grateful for the nice man and very happy that we aren’t homeless foreigners.

Faith

Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0204s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb