Flowers Galor!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Chengdu
May 7th 2012
Published: May 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hyo had a birthday back in March and we all celebrated by going to a flower celebration and bought flowers and walked through beautiful gardens. It was a really nice day- the sun was actually shining in Chengdu! And we splurged on flowers and ice cream.

The day after that the family of the boy that Dorothy is teaching English to took Dor and me to a Peach Blossom festival. We all admired the beauty of the peach flowers, and the beautiful smells (which brought me back to walking on the Versluis farm. Bill (the boy Dorothy was tutoring) was very active and rambunctious. I enjoyed horsing around with him and it reminded me a lot of how Eliot used to be when he was small... Eliot- watch out for my nostalgia when I get back. We climbed to the top of the tallest hill and sat down for a picnick and chatted. Then we drove back listening to Justin Beber all the way home.

I finally am putting up the pictures.... Better late than never.


Additional photos below
Photos: 58, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

The galsThe gals
The gals

Liz, Mary, and Somaya


8th May 2012

Your trip, your pictures and captions have been spectacular. THANK YOU for sharing!

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb