Day 4


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Chengdu
March 7th 2007
Published: March 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Dear parents and friends,

There was a network problem in the hotel. Just resolved 15 minutes ago.

Seeing so many comments from all of you is heartening. I'll pass the messages to your children/friends tomorrow's morning, as early as possible.

Please do not send email to me during this period. I may not have the time to check my mail.

We bade farewell to our principal, Mrs. Oh today. She left a very impactful message for our students - Choose Your Attitude, Make Their Day, Be There and Play (FISH Philosophy). The students did quite a fair bit of reflection today and from what the teachers can gather, the trip has been very meaningful for them so far.

The teachers also had a heart-to-heart talk with the students where the students were given the opportunity to air out any grievances that they may have. The teachers listened attentively to each one of their views and the appropriate action has been taken care of. Not to worry parents, the most common complaint was about the coldness and instructions have given to their caregivers to increase the temperature of their rooms.

After lunch, the students attended Chinese cultural lessons as a group and keeping in-line with Mrs. Oh’s message, they certainly had fun learning. Students had a hands-on session about Chinese Calligraphy and they took home their own works for keepsake. They attended a Chinese traditional dance class after that and again, they had lots of fun learning! They were taught basic movements and even a Tibetan dance.

The students were rewarded to a brief shopping trip for their impressive behaviour after dinner where they bought necessities. We are very heartened to see a stark improvement in their attitude (They assembled punctually and orderly)!

We are pleased to say that all the students are doing well at this point in time save for Nadhirah. She is still experiencing some backache and she will be on bed rest for the rest of tomorrow.


Advertisement



7th March 2007

Misses...
Please pass this msg to huijun: great to see her so well- taken care of but bare in mind that she must take care of herself since the weather is cold down there. Eat and drink more water. Last but not least, wear more to keep herself warm. And all of us misses her lots... thanks...
8th March 2007

chicken rice 1 plate hor liang xiu! XD
8th March 2007

how are u??
Hey kak..(Farhana)Wow!!Glad 2 c ur photo n ur smiling face.Did u buy any gloves 4 urself?How abt shopping..lots of souvenirs u bought?Mama,Baba,abg,aya n all ur uncles n aunties will always pray 4 ur safety there..Take Gud Care Of yourself N always remember WE LUV U!! Luv-mama/baba/abg n aya
8th March 2007

Hi Delfina
adik y nvr take photo..want to see you la..is it still very cold there..juz remember mama,papa,kakak,abg n kak del miz u soooo much..snd msg wen u free till then hav fun n hapi learning...

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb